We made it through the first day! (And by we, I mean me!)

Monday, October 19, 2009
Up until about 7:00am this morning, I was planning on just having Ryan drop Henry off to avoid the entire heartbreak of dropping him off at daycare for the first time. However, about 5 minutes before it was time to go, I decided I needed to be there as well, and to not be such a baby about it. I had to be a strong momma for my baby. Thus, both Ryan and I went to drop him off today. The other kids were again, very excited to see him. One of the two year olds went up to his car seat and said "Hi, I'm Sadie...what's your name?". I said, "This is baby Henry." and she replies "Hi uh-ree! Hi uh-ree!".

I gave him a big hug and lots of kisses and Wendy took him shortly thereafter. I gave him lots more kisses, and he smiled super big for me. That was my cue to leave. I knew I had to leave on a good note. There would have been no way I could have left if he was crying or fussing. So after just a few MORE kisses, we left, and I cried all the way to work. I know in my heart that this will be good for his social development, but even that nor anything else can really make me feel better yet. After I was about 15 minutes down the road, Wendy sent me a picture message of Henry smiling which did make me feel better.

Here was his day: Poop, eat, sleep, wake up, smile. Poop, eat, sleep, wake up, smile. Poop, eat, sleep, wake up, smile. That's a total of 3 poops, 3 bottles, 3 naps, and lots of smiles judging by the photos that Wendy put up on facebook.

Ryan stopped there over his lunch break, and Henry was just getting ready to eat, so daddy got to feed him half a bottle. Ryan reported smiles at this point.

We both went there after work to pick him up and never have I wanted to snuggle my baby so much. He had just finished eating and when I picked him up, all he did was smile SUPER big and even almost laughed. He made lots of good noises and wouldn't stop smiling, so that was probably one of my best moments ever and made me feel so much better.

Here's a photo of him in his new jammies last night before his big day.







And here is big sister Mocha seeing off her little brother this morning:



And here is a photo that Wendy took of our smiley little man:



Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design