Flashback Friday: The day that changed our lives forever.

Friday, November 13, 2009
It was exactly one year ago tomorrow (technically today--as it was a Friday) that I had an appointment with a new OBGYN. I was going in for a routine physical exam and was also going to ask her questions about conceiving and trying to figure out my messed up cycles.

I was having major issues with my cycles. I either wasn't getting a period or I was spotting and bleeding throughout the month. It was at first blamed on my birth control pills. So after a few years of different doctors and way too many different kinds of birth control pills, I made the decision to go off of them to help my body re-regulate itself. Well, that didn't work. Up until this appointment, even though I had been off birth control for months, I was still randomly spotting, skipping periods and just not "normal".

I went to this appointment in the hopes of finding a doctor who could finally tell me what the heck was going on with my body as it could no longer be blamed on the birth control.

I gave the nurse the low down on why I was there and they asked if I wanted to do a pregnancy test, just in case, which I agreed too, because you just never know (at the time I hadn't had a period since September).

Then, the doctor came in and I began telling her my whole history. One of the very first things she said to me after I began telling her my symptoms was "Has anyone talked to you about the possibility of PCOS?" Read more about it here: https://health.google.com/health/ref/Polycystic+ovary+disease

I said "No", (and then became immediately terrified that I was going to be told having children would be difficult).

Then, there was a knock on the door.

My nurse called my doctor out of the room, and within seconds she was back with the words:

"It was positive."

The tears started to fall, and at that moment, our lives were changed forever.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Aww! I can totally relate. My periods have always been way off so I thought it would be difficult to conceive. I could never find a BC that would help regulate...and I ended up getting pregnant on a pill (which obviously wasn't for me). So glad it happened! I never thought I'd get pregnant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design