11 Months! 4 weeks to plan a party!

Monday, June 28, 2010
I had two missions (well, three. but after the (un)successfulness of mission one and two, mission three was promptly dropped from the agenda.)

First, I wanted to get the typical monthly portrait inside. This I have deemed 100% impossible to do alone. I have also scratched any idea of 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 month portraits off of my future to-do list. This is what Henry thought of mission number one:

IMG_6688



IMG_6707



IMG_6710



IMG_6712



Henry was headed straight for the camera in this one...but I love it!

IMG_6697



and this one...

IMG_6686



These are the only ones I could muster up today, and I'm not sure what happened, but my lighting is off and I'm not happy with them. I had super great natural light coming through, but he seems to get lost in the background. After today, I have a "it will have to do" attitude.

IMG_6691



IMG_6695



IMG_6685



IMG_6704


Mission number two? Get baseball inspired photos for his baseball themed birthday invitation. A somewhat better success (I was able to get a handful that I am extremely happy with), though it wasn't without initial struggle. I put the Twins jersey on him before I put him in his car seat. What do I discover when I take him out of the car? Spit up all over the right side of his chest (seriously?? this kid has spit up twice in 4 months.). We then head over to the baseball field and in order for him to stay where I want him, I of course have to give him an object to play with. Lucky for me, I had a variety of themed objects that I didn't care if they were in the photo with him (real baseball bat, Twins ball, Twins bat, Joe Mauer doll). However, upon receipt of any of the above items, Henry wanted nothing to do with looking at me. When I took it away? I got this:

IMG_6721



Oh yeah, and right after I sat him down, he ate some dirt and then spit said dirt out in a brown spitty/drool mess all over the white Twins jersey. Could this go any better?!?!

IMG_6726



Finally, mommy cleaned up all gunk, took a deep breath, prayed to the photography gods, and started singing. Thankfully, because of that, I was able to get these:


IMG_6728



IMG_6731



IMG_6737



The best one in the jersey:

IMG_6747



IMG_6759



"Tossing it up high" for pat-a-cake.

IMG_6760



Saving the best for last...

IMG_6761



Oh yeah. What was mission three? 4th of July photos. Pshh.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

----these are all WONDERFUL and a real reflection of real life with Mr. Adorable!! G'ma S

Tom said...

I think the pix are great - the "imp" look in a couple of them says he was playing along, just trying to make you work a little more for them!!!

Amanda Kelley said...

I love his t-shirt! So cute! And...the Twins pictures are wonderful! I am snapping the camera like crazy on our little man before he becomes mobile...Looks chaotic...but incredibly cute! You captured a true boy!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! These turned out great! -even with all the trouble it sounded like he gave you :)

-Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design