Sick baby...

Monday, June 14, 2010
Henry had a fever of 102.1 this morning. He woke up at 7:30 (latest he's ever slept in, I think) on our first day of summer vacation. He was pretty cranky by 9:15 so I put him upstairs to nap. He slept for 3 hours people! He never does that. He finally started rustling around at about 12:30, though he wasn't crying. I went to check on him. When I picked him up, he felt pretty warm and I thought it might have just been the warm pajamas. I made his bottle (which he only ate 3 oz of) and then decided to take his temperature. He came in at 102.1 (that thermometer went up fast--I was pretty scared). I called the doctor and they said switch off between Tylenol (which we are pretty close to being out of and can't find anywhere because of the recent recall) and motrin (which we have, thank goodness!). He was cranky ALL afternoon. He didn't want to be put down, but was squirmy as squirmy could be in my arms. I decided to put him in his high chair to see if he'd eat dinner, considering he hardly ate anything else all day, and this is what happened.


Photobucket

I'm guessing that he is totally still clutching chicken in his right hand. 



Photobucket



The puppies messing around woke him up about 20 minutes later. When he lifted his head, he had a combined look of utter fear and confusion. Blood curdling screaming commenced. He hadn't had a bath in a while, so I decided to see if that would help calm him down, which it did. He latched on to his rubber ducky and wouldn't let go. I attempted a final bottle for the night, but he wanted nothing but to sleep. So I put him and the rubber ducky in the crib and he was probably sleeping before I left the room.


Photobucket




Photobucket


Let's hope he's better tomorrow...and eats! Man this boy worries me with the amount he eats/doesn't eat.
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design