The Great Minnesota Get-Together!

Thursday, September 2, 2010
Mommy is way too busy to continue posting photos, so I thought I'd take over for her (it's me, Henry...you know, the blog's namesake?). Anyway, mommy and daddy took me to the State Fair yesterday. I remember lots of talk about this fair last year, but everyone said I was too little to go. We drove the car to a parking lot in Eden Prairie, met Kelly and Chris, and hopped on a bus to the fair! I'm not sure how much I liked the bus ride. I wasn't a big fan of having to stay in one place. It was fun playing peek-a-boo with Chris and Kelly though. And mommy brought snacks to occupy me for a while, thank goodness. I love those cinnamon goldfish.

I was pretty hungry by the time we got there and devoured the strawberries and grapes mommy brought for me. Thankfully, there were plenty of people around I could steal food from.

I begged for some of mommy's delicious fresh squeezed lemonade.

IMG_7895


Nobody warned Chris that I'm never happy with "just one bite." The pistachio gelato was yummy. I also tried corn dog and cookies.

Untitled-8


Daddy and Chris split a deep-fried cheeseburger. 

IMG_7898


Daddy and Chris enjoying that deep-friend cheeseburger. 

IMG_7902


I REALLY liked watching the space tower go up and down. 

Untitled-7


I was totally mesmerized by it. 

IMG_7903


Here I am checking out the...Leinie Lodge. And then I got cranky. It was getting way past my bedtime.

Untitled-6


We got to see many different animals. Here I am checking out a big girl cow. I also saw duckies, pigs, sheep, lamb and horsies!

IMG_7908


A cowgirl stopped right by us with her horsie!

IMG_7912


Mommy took a lot of photos at the midway. She says they would be WAY better if she would have had her tripod. 

Untitled-5



IMG_7933


By the time we got to the midway, I was pretty tired. All I wanted was to snuggle my cup and straw. Mommy and daddy both tried to take it away from me, and I let them know that I was not happy about that. They gave it back.

Untitled-3



Untitled-2


Even though I was so tired, I was really fighting falling asleep. There were way too many lights and fun things to look at. Not to mention all the cool sounds! I think I crashed about 5 minutes after these were taken though.

Untitled-1


There goes mommy playing with the camera again. 

IMG_7977

Daddy tried a few games trying to win me a big toy. I came home with a little puppy. I guess it's just as good as one of those giant monkeys.

IMG_7932


Well that's it. Mommy looks like she's grabbing one of those Sweet Martha cookies...and I REALLY like those, so I'm going to go ask for one. Bye bye! Don't forget to check out some of mommy's other new posts below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These turned out great! We had so much fun with you all! Glad we got to be part of Henry's first fair experience :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design