10 Weeks!

Friday, March 18, 2011
10 Weeks and the first belly picture! I had my first person ask me if I was pregnant today--so clearly, there's something there!

Baby is now the size of a prune! Bones and cartilage are starting to form and vital organs are beginning to function. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)

I've been feeling pretty good this week. Still only feel like eating certain things, but didn't quite have the all day nausea that I have been having. I still feel like I will throw up and gag on my own coughing and am still tired all the time. Having a cold I haven't been able to get rid of isn't helping either.

I haven't been sleeping much yet either. I fall asleep around 8-9 depending on what I am doing, and then go up to bed around 10. I stay awake for a long time, toss and turn all night, and wake for the day around 4:30-5:00. Not much sleep being had here. I'm usually a tummy sleeper, and it already doesn't feel right to sleep on my tummy, so I'm sure that has something to do with it too.

I continue to not be able to button my pants, and actually busted out my smallest pair of maternity pants today. I'm not ashamed. It's not like anyone gets a pregnancy medal for being able to wear regular clothes until they are 20 weeks. Bring on the comfy maternity clothes.

Our next appointment is on Wednesday. I simply can't wait! We were able to "see" the heartbeat at the last visit, but this time we will be able to hear it on the doppler on my belly. I'm excited to see what my fundal height is (measurement of uterus--usually correlates to numbers of weeks you are in centimeters--thus I should be around 10cm, but would assume I'll be larger as I don't look like I did with Henry at 10 weeks).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design