Hot Potato, Hot Potato! (8 weeks)

Friday, March 4, 2011
Anyone familiar with that Wiggles song? If you are, I bet it's stuck in your head now. Lol.

Back to the potatoes...that is all I want...in any form. French fries, chips, baked potato, mashed potato, etc. I've fulfilled just about all of those cravings (and some, admittedly, way over-fulfilled) in the past 3 weeks. Tonight we are going to Outback Steakhouse on a giftcard (as it seems, we only go out to eat when we have a giftcard--thanks to Ryan's work for this one), so hopefully I'll be able to get a baked potato. :)

Smells continue to make me gag...all the time. I so wish I would have started Henry's blog earlier than 10 weeks so I'd have something to look back on because I just don't remember smells getting to me THIS bad last time. Yesterday, somebody at school was using vinegar for something, and the ENTIRE hallway reeked of vinegar. I thought I was going to puke all the way down the hall. Other smells that I simply can't stand:

-the smell of toothpaste breath after Ryan has brushed his teeth at night. I admittedly have not been able to brush my teeth at night in the past week or so.  I generally fall asleep on the couch around 7:45, shortly after Henry goes to bed and Ryan will wake me up at 10-11ish to go to upstairs to bed. Since I likely haven't eaten since supper, I feel the worst at this time, so no toothbrush can physically enter my mouth. And the smell of that toothpaste....ugh. It's all I can do to keep the vomit down.

Other smells I haven't been able to handle include:
-someone drenched in cigarette smoke..gag.
-Pam cooking spray (we used it at school one day)
-scrambled eggs cooking (we made green eggs and ham at school this week. the first time was fine. by the fourth class, not so much).
-the dogs still. mocha's breath and when they come in from outside. yuck, yuck, yuck.

My nausea continues pretty much throughout the day.  I still generally have to eat something every 2-3 hours or I feel really sick. And, even if I'm really hungry, I will feel sick. Then, after I eat something delicious because I was hungry, I feel sick because I ate it. There pretty much isn't a time during the day when I DON'T feel nauseous. It's worst right away in the morning, from 3-6, and past 10pm. Another reason I wished I had blogged earlier with Henry. I know I felt similar to this, and I know I only threw up a handful of times with him (3 out of 4 of which were in the car on the way to work), but I just don't remember ALWAYS feeling like this, no matter what I ate or didn't eat. Could it be a girl?!

In other news, I'm still completely bloated/possibly starting to show. They say that you show earlier with your second. Earlier this week, I had to buy a bella band (a giant elastic thing you were around your waist so that your pre-pregnancy pants can be worn unbuttoned). Many pairs of my pants were already un-buttonable. With Henry, that didn't happen until 10-11 weeks. With this baby, it's happening at 8, so maybe I'm showing 2-3 weeks ahead? I don't know. I just know that in my "resting pose" (when I'm standing, relaxed, and not paying attention to what my tummy is doing) I look like I looked at 16-17 weeks with Henry. Probably still bloat, but it hasn't really disappeared either.

That is pretty much it for this week, I think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design