I believe in birthday wishes.

Thursday, March 24, 2011
Every year I make a birthday wish, much like many other people do, I'm sure. Unfortunately, I never really give it much thought until I'm about to blow the candles out. Up until there were 26 candles on my cake, I don't think I could ever really name (remember) anything I've wished for before, and thus, can't remember if any other wish I've ever wished for on a birthday cake has been granted.

Remember this photo? The wish in progress.

IMG_9770


As stated in that birthday post, I made a very specific and deliberate wish that night as I held Henry and blew out my candles (though I obviously didn't mention what it was at the time).

I'm not sure who is in charge of granting said birthday wishes, but, damn, he (or she) works fast because...

...this turned up at our house just 12 days later.











Which means this for Henry:


Untitled-2




IMG_0443


                                                                             He's excited!

IMG_0445



And means that that whiskey cider was mommy's last drink.

Now, stop reading this and assuming I'm delusional in thinking that some birthday wish fairy toting a wand with magic birthday candles helped us conceive. It's all for the writing folks. I know how and when this baby came to be.

And for those who were in the know on some of our struggles, this baby, just as Henry was, was conceived on our own. Our doctors can't exactly explain my issues and are chalking it up to possibly Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome....but are, however, baffled that I ovulated two months in a row (with only one recognizable period since Henry's birth.) And that is all I will say on that for now.

Our sweet baby is due to arrive October 14, but since I will elect to have a scheduled c-section as my doctor (and we) believe it is the safest option for both the baby and myself, we are technically due October 7th, as they won't let me go beyond 39 weeks.

So there you have it. I blogged (but obviously didn't post) the last 6 weeks of what's been happening, so here are the links to all of those.

Week 4
Week 5
Week 6 
More Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10


Here is the only ultrasound look we have of our new baby thus far, at 6 weeks, 6 days.

IMG_0417


And, here's what things are looking like on the outside. We were going to wait until we were officially out of the first trimester to share the news, but as you can see, another 2 weeks of hiding would be difficult. Looking back on the blog, it seems we shared the news about Henry at 10 weeks.

Baby #2 at 10 weeks.

10 weeks


Untitled-1


Untitled-7


vs. Henry at 11 weeks.

Week 11 belly 2


We had our 10 week appointment on Wednesday. This was the first, long, standard "OB check" where they did an exam, checked for heartbeat and asked us a million questions about our health history. After answering all the questions with the nurse, our awesome doctor came in and the heartbeat was first on the agenda. He prefaced it with saying that since this is the earliest time you can hear it on the doppler, that it sometimes is like finding a needle in a haystack. He wiggled his doppler around for what seemed like forever (and at one point, I was positive I had heard a quick "swish swish" and knew everything was going to be ok) and when he finally landed on that sweet spot, the tears fell immediately. Being the amazing doctor that he is proving to be, he settled the doppler on that spot for us to hear that beautiful heartbeat, plugging away at 170 bpm, for what seemed like a whole minute. Instant relief and pure happiness in knowing, that yes, there is indeed a sweet little life beating inside of me.

Aside from that, there wasn't too much else to this appointment, except for when he examined my uterus...and stated "Wow. It's a good size already. Have you noticed?" Yes sir, I haven't been able to button my pants in nearly 3 weeks. I've noticed. :) We asked a few questions at the end...one of which was a random question I had about coughing and sneezing. I sneezed really hard this morning and it shot a huge shooting pain across my abdomen. I asked if it was normal (which I assumed it was because I remember it with Henry), and he said yes. He explained how the ligaments are already stretching a bit and it causes the discomfort I will sometimes feel with coughs, laughs and sneezes. He then finished by saying "Since this is your second child, every symptom will likely come sooner, last longer, and be more intense/painful." Sweet!

Our "change" day is Friday--so expect to see those belly photos each Friday.

Finally, as Ryan stated shortly after the doctor left the room yesterday:

"Here we go." :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! Congratulations to the best neighbors/friends ever!!! :)

kfiland30 said...

Congratulations to Jenna, Ryan and Mr. Henry!! Although we the Grandparents already knew, it seems so real now, that everyone knows..
I cannot wait to meet the next grandchild in October! We are so excited for Henry to have a baby brother or baby sister... It will be twice the fun....
Love
Mom and Dad

Sarah Helfinstine said...

Congratulations, Jenna! So exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design