Hello 2nd Trimester! {Week 13}

Friday, April 8, 2011
We are finally out of the first trimester! I continue to feel about the same that I had been last week, and I don't notice much change in the bump photo either (again, a bit of a difference when compared to the Henry picture at the bottom). This will likely be a pretty boring post. Nothing else really new to report this week.

The baby is the size of a peach! Average stats are 2.9 inch and .84 ounces. The baby is forming teeth and vocal cords. Baby is also approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy.

To end, a pretty funny story from school. The other day, one of my students (as I helped him zip his jacket) looked at me and started giggling. Then, he started pointing. Then, he said "Your tummy is fat."....followed by more giggles. After I finished laughing, I told him why it was getting fat and then he proceeded to tell everyone around us that there was a baby in my tummy. Cat is officially out of the bag.

What's even funnier, the student's mom called to congratulate me today. Apparently, he not only went home and told mom that there was a baby in Ms. Jenna's tummy, but that it's also a superhero. Yes, a superhero who will apparently have a variety of different super powers.  And, he thinks it's a boy. I guess we'll see next month!

Untitled-2


Untitled-1


compared with Henry at 13 weeks.

[week+13.jpg]

1 comment:

kfiland30 said...

This is going by so fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design