I thought I had it all figured out.

Saturday, April 23, 2011
There were a TON of things I was aware of that you need to avoid eating during pregnancy. I thought I had it all figured out with the last pregnancy. If you haven't researched it at all, there are WAY more things than your obvious ones of caffeine, alcohol and drugs.

We all probably remember my gripes about not being able to eat hot dogs, most sausages, bacon, etc (unless you buy the kind specifically made without nitrites/nitrates) and the artificial sweetners in things like Diet Coke and "diet" yogurts, etc when I was pregnant with Henry. Research shows that both have been linked to various complications. Since my mom was making a stuffing with sausage today for our Easter dinner, I checked out the label (because typically there are nitrates or nitrites in it). The only thing questionable on it was BHA, which I couldn't remember where that stood on the list of no-nos, so onto Google I went.

My google search led me to find that not only are BHA and BHT additives a big no-no, I randomly also found that most food dyes are a no-no (the list includes: Blue #1, Blue #2, Citrus Red #1. Citrus Red #2, Green #3, Red #3, Red #40 and Yellow #6) as well as salicyclic acid (commonly found in many skin care products, including what I thought was a mild face wash I've been using forever).

It seems there is nothing I can eat/use anymore. I never knew of the food dyes, which I'm pretty sure are in a TON of things. Sigh...this eating stuff just got a little more complicated!

I have my 15 week bump picture,but I didn't bring anything with me to upload it onto the computer, so expect a full 15 week update and *hopefully* a vacation update with more than enough photos on Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design