Week 14!

Monday, April 18, 2011
As many of you know, we took a much needed mini-vacation to Disney World last week. Thus, the lack of blog posts. I thought I'd get last week's bump picture in before it was time for next week's already. I've been plugging away at the vacation photos for a couple hours now, but my eyes are heavy, so this is all you get for now. sorry!.

Anyway, back to week 14 which began last Friday. Our sweet baby is about the size of a lemon (approx. 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces). Baby is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

Big change in this week--I've definitely been feeling flutters. I felt them a few times here and there while on vacation and wasn't quite sure it was or not. But, today, after eating pineapple, there was no mistaking the tickling sensation I was feeling (they say you feel it a bit earlier with your second since you know what you are looking for). With Henry it seems I felt my first flutters at 17 weeks, so I'm only about 3 weeks ahead of that.

Other than that, nothing else is too new. I seem to continue to expand more quickly than with Henry. Pants will somehow fit one day, and then 5 days later, I can't even pull up the zipper. I resorted to my first full-on maternity jeans today. They are still a bit big and I had to tug on them occasionally to keep them up, but they were way more comfortable than securing my unbuttoned pants with a belly band. My belly also started itching already. I don't remember that at all this early, but it's nothing too bad yet.

I had way too many fast food-y type foods (specially french fries) while on vacation, and, gasp, I seriously gag at the thought of another one. Tonight we enjoyed a delicious and healthier supper...grilled quesadillas with grilled pineapple and corn. Yum!

So, because we forgot to take the photo before we left for the day, there is no bare belly shot. I wasn't really about to whip up my shirt in front of the 1,000's of people at Disney (though we did see some mom have her kid pee into a ziploc bag, so clearly stranger things can happen at Disney), but I wasn't about to have a bunch of people look at me. Here is the bump, with my 14 week Henry bump below.

Untitled-1



14 Week with Henry
[week+14.jpg]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design