Halfway to meeting Baby Claire (20 weeks!)

Sunday, May 29, 2011
We are seriously halfway to having a second child in this house. Completely unreal. We are soon approaching the point where we are going to need to decide on room situations, meaning Henry staying in a crib and us purchasing another, or Henry going into a big boy bed. That thought almost causes me more anxiety than the fact that we will have a newborn in 19 short weeks. Either way, as summer nears, we are going to have to start making decisions.

Baby Claire is about 6.5 inches (crown to rump). After week 20, baby is measured from head to toe. She's approximately 10.5 ounces or so about now (give or take). The digestive system is busy creating meconium already (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And if she's anything like Henry was, it'll be way more than the first diaper.

I'm feeling more kicks this week from Claire! It is such an exciting feeling. It isn't consistently all the time yet, but I am definitely feeling them. We haven't caught it on the outside yet, and Ryan hasn't been able to feel them yet, but they are there. The doctor said kick counts are useful/reliable for tracking movement in the mid 20's weeks of pregnancy. Since I have the anterior placenta again, I assume that's why I'm not feeling them all the time yet.

Otherwise, I'm beginning to feel big, feel heavy, and am having more trouble navigating myself around my body pillow and under the covers at night. It is so much work after I wake up in the middle of the night to completely flip over (and I do this 25 times a night, it seems). I'm getting shorter of breath when going up the stairs or just working too hard and am just plain getting more exhausted after not a whole lot of exertion.

In other big news, I am litterally dropping jaws here at 20 weeks pregnant. Haha, not for my hot body, however, that's for sure. No, I've been making jaws drop every time I have to answer the question of when I am due. Henry's pregnancy had the infamous "Mr. Security Guard" with his "Long winter", and "You're still here." comments over and over. This pregnancy, I've found...the lunch lady.

Yes, the lunch lady at school who sits at the computer you punch your number into. I get school lunch rarely...like 1 time every 2 months. So I know who she is, she recognizes me, but I know we don't know each other's name. That sure doesn't stop anyone though. Earlier this week, I was in the teacher's lounge getting some treats (there are birthday treats in the lounge everytime someone has a birthday, and you can bet I'm in there every time checking it out). Anyway, so she approaches me with the "When is the baby due?" question and I gave my usual reply. Her jaw dropped to the floor and her eyes were as wide as her forehead was tall.

It was then followed by "Are you sure there aren't two in there?" and "Well I hope for your sake it comes early. That's a long summer."

This was closely followed by another teacher trying to shove a piece of cake down my throat because "I needed it."

I don't care how freaking big I get. I'll glady be as big as a house if it means Claire stays put until 39 weeks. And, maybe I'm just big because I don't pass up a treat, thank you very much.

At our preschool graduation on Friday, I was asked "So I see your expecting this summer?!"

"Umm, nope. I'm due in October."

(jaw drop, wide eyes, etc.)   "Ohhhh......ohh....ok."

If I had $1.00 for every time I go through this same conversation, I could buy something really nice.

Onto the belly causing all this ruckus.

Untitled-1



 Comparison shot from Henry's pregnancy at 20 weeks.




This one was taken before Ryan recommended I pull my shirt back to show the belly. Here, I just look like a whale. And, you can see Henry's ribs. Nice juxtaposition here.

Untitled-3


And Henry was being cute, so you get to see a bare belly shot. As you can see, there really isn't a beach ball in there.

Untitled-2

1 comment:

kfiland30 said...

Thats my sweet Baby , carry a sweet baby!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design