Week 17!

Sunday, May 8, 2011
Baby is the size of an onion this week! He/she is about 5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces. Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Two big changes this week? Heartburn and leg aches. I had both with Henry. Though I definitely didn't have either until well into the pregnancy (I guess this goes back to the doctor saying everything happens sooner, longer and stronger than it did with the first baby). The heartburn just started Friday, but it kind of has stopped since then. They say that a lot of heartburn means your baby will have a lot of hair (old wives' tale). Henry, clearly, proved this myth to be false, as my heartburn was so bad with him I was on prescription meds for it, and umm...we still aren't in any dire need of a haircut. So glad we can save on the $7.99 at Great Clips for about another year. Ha.

Anyway, back to the pregnancy, the leg aches have been more bothersome. A quick google search kind of relates it to restless leg syndrome in a way, but of course, being pregnant, there is nothing I can do about it. It's the worst at night and is comparable to the leg aches you would feel after running a long time (like I would know what that feels like) and/or, just the kind of ache that screams "I need a massage." With Henry, it got so bad one night that I stretched and stretched to make it go away, and then I got the worse Charlie Horse of my life. I'm sure the recount of that is in the blog archives somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Thus, I've been careful about how I move my legs around, as I don't want to experience that pain again.

Aside from that, I've been trying to eat healthier (but this time around, with a toddler, there aren't always a ton of healthy options presented 100% of the time). I do fairly well at lunches and I'm going to try to do more oatmeal and such at breakfast instead of the sugar cereals I've been craving.

10 days until we find out which name we will be using. Our girl name continues to be set from what it had been, and our boy name is down to two options.

Continuing to grow. One of our neighbors is 10 weeks ahead of me. TEN weeks. I am comparable to her in size (though it is her first).

Untitled-1


Henry needs to be in on the action these days.

Untitled-2


On the right, he was in the middle of signing help (he puts his hands together and raises them above his head--pretty close to the actual sign, I think), and on the left, he's just cute.

Untitled-3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design