Week 19!

Sunday, May 22, 2011
Claire is the size of a mango this week! She is approximately 6.0 inches from crown to rump, and the website says she should be about 8.5 ounces. However, the tech told us she was about 10 ounces already! The vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid.

For those who are wondering (because I got a lot of questions about the video), we had the ultrasound tech tell us to turn away when she was looking for the private parts. She then took that picture and put it in an envelope. Upon arrival at home, I gave the envelope along with a "little brother" and "little sister" onesie to Kelly so she could wrap up the appropriate onesie. Kelly had the balloon idea for Henry and added the little shoes and headbands. The video everyone saw was Ryan and I finding out we were having a little girl for the first time! Ryan had kind of guessed it (because no matter how much I told him to not be looking for a penis or no penis--he was), as he thought he pretty much hadn't seen anything...thus his reaction is not quite as dramatic as mine, I think. And, after we were finished, I asked the tech if she was absolutely sure of what she saw, and she answered very quickly with a "yes", so I assumed right there it was a boy. We are very, very excited to meet Baby Claire in October! (and would have been just as excited if it was another son!)

I drank some orange juice before the ultrasound (a bit too much, as she moved around a little bit too much at some points during the ultrasound) so we didn't get crisp and clear pictures like we did with Henry. I will try to post those up sometime soon, but I'm quite backlogged with client photography stuff, so I'll be quite busy working these next few nights.

There wasn't a whole lot of other new things going on this week. My legs still hurt all the time, and everything is about as it was before. And, we bought a few items for Claire...just a few :)

And for those who thought I was huge in the last picture and now, this one, not so much...remember last week's was taken at 11:00 at night...after a whole day of eating...and a night of baseball food. All other photos are taken right away in the morning. What I eat and when it comes out still makes a bit of a difference in my size.

Untitled-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design