Week 21

Friday, June 3, 2011
Baby Claire is approximately 10.5 inches from head to toe this week, and likely weighs around 12.7 ounces (roughly the size of a banana). I almost have a 1 pound baby inside of me! She is busy gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid.

She also become more active in the last few days. I've finally begun to feel kicks from the outside. Both last night and today at work, she kicked (or punched, I guess) hard enough that it made my arm move (that was resting on my belly). I also got quite the big kick when I was driving home today. I had fun poking back and forth with her quite a bit today. Our little girl is busy moving and growing!

Sleep still stinks for the most part, but for the last two nights, I've only covered up with a sheet, and for some reason, I feel like I've woken up less...maybe it's not having the heavy down comforter on me for some reason? I have no idea.

I feel big and feel like I have to more carefully get in and out of the car and get up/sit down on the floor/chairs, etc.

People continue to ask when I'm due, and if I'll be back at school in September. According to my records, I'll have a good 5-6 weeks of work in the fall before Claire arrives. Yes, I'll be there in September.

Tomorrow is my first wedding of the season. I'm slightly nervous about lugging my gear, but hopefully it should only be for this wedding and next week's--other wise I think I'll be set for the rest of the year in terms of an assistant and/or second shooter. No way I'm doing my last two alone at 8 months pregnant!

Henry just kind of assumes that he is a part of this now. Too cute. He even helped move toys out of the way.

Check out the lawnmower post below, and a fun video will be posted tomorrow.
Untitled-1


And a cute one from this morning when he was waiting for his shorts.

IMG_3335

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design