Week 25...way too late. oops.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011
So it's almost week 26, so I better get this bump posted. Continuing to grow, obviously, and now get comments such as "You're due in October, right?" from people who know, but are just checking, since I look like I'm due next month. I'm officially 6 months pregnant...only three months from tomorrow for my "due date" of October 7th at 39 weeks. My next appointment is next Wednesday, where I will ask at what point do I schedule that birthday for Claire (as most importantly, I'd love to be able to pick a day that my doctor is in). I'll also be doing my glucose test at that appointment.

At 25 weeks (going on 26) Claire is about the size of an eggplant. She's anywhere from 13-15 inches long and weighs anywhere from 1.5 to just over 2 pounds. My other question for the doctor will be what my current size means for her size. Many people (I won't name names, but you know who you are) are convinced that because I'm a whale, that I'm going to give birth to a 10 pound baby girl. We'll see what the doctor says.

They say at this point if Ryan put his ear to my belly, he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. She is also soaking up my antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Since I won't be able to tease apart this week and last week, I'll keep it to one new development: difficulty breathing. This has been happening for a few weeks when going up the stairs, etc., but now, I just can't seem to be comfortable when sitting, in nearly any position. If I lean forward, my belly is uncomfortable, and if I lean back too far, I literally can't breathe. And even as I sit straight up here on my computer, I am having trouble breathing. Laying down is the best position these days, or standing straight up.

And as far as any other posting goes, you will be surprised to know that I literally took zero pictures this entire weekend (aside from a session I did). We had a neighborhood bbq, Twins game (which Henry did not attend) and went to the beach. My mom took some beach pictures, which you can see on her facebook, but my camera took a rest, and I just enjoyed the relaxing weekend with my parents, Henry, and Ryan.

I finally pulled the camera out yesterday for a pretty big event, but more on that later. We bought a book shelf to put in our living room closest, as both that and Henry's toybox will soon find their homes in their. There will be no way to keep all of his stuff out and somehow fit a pack and play, swing, bouncy seat, etc. etc. We've moved the books in there and in a month or so I'll move the toys in there so that Henry doesn't associate all the change with Claire. Ryan also finished painting Henry's new big boy room, blue, of course, and he is very excited about that. We are hoping to completely have everything finished very soon so we can start the transition at nap time, at least.

We are nearing only 13 weeks left. 27 weeks begins the last trimester. 13 weeks to transition a toddler to a big boy bed, and 13 weeks to possibly potty train (I'm keeping up the most hope for the bed...potty training is probably not going to happen)

Untitled-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design