Apple Orchard: 2011 Edition

Tuesday, September 20, 2011
I know you were all (and by all, I'm thinking that there must only be about 5 readers left anyway) sick of seeing the vomit post being the most recent post, so I finally got my butt in gear and finished at least the apple orchard photos. Turns out I'm 9 months pregnant, cranky, uncomfortable, and tired and all I want to do when I get home from work is lay on the couch. I know people mean well, but remember the 4 things I just listed when you want to ask how I am. That is how I am 24/7 (9 months pregnant, cranky, uncomfortable, and tired)...it doesn't change from day to day. I was also going to post last week's 36 week bump, but I figured I would wait until after tomorrow morning's appointment.

Anyway, on to the most adorable orchard photos you will ever lay your eyes on. We checked out a new one--Minnetonka Orchards because they had free admission. While we weren't impressed with the layout of the orchard itself (and it wasn't very scenic like last year's), the zestar apples were in abundance and absolutely delicious. See for yourself--Henry has an apple in his hand in a bunch of the pictures! We mentioned the possibility of apple picking early on that day and all day he kept bringing up "Pick apples? Henry pick apples?!" Oh he was so excited. I love apple picking and am glad I have all of these images to remember what will likely be one of our last outings as a family of three.

Henry munched on apples practically the whole time, loved the hay ride and animals, and they even had an old wooden train to play on. He was in heaven!

For those that don't know, Henry is attached to the gray hat (not so much lately, I guess though). But up until 1 week or so ago, this hat went on his head at 7:30 and didn't leave his head unless he was sleeping. It will soon no longer fit him and I'm still kicking myself for not buying a very similar one at Baby Gap a few months ago when I saw it on clearance (same place the current hat came from).

Funny enough, last year's orchard trip was when the hat made it's original debut on his head. Take a trip down memory lane and look at those cute photos too. So much change in one single year. Hard to believe that the next time I write about a trip to the apple orchard we will have a 1 year old and a preschooler. It was such a fun time! Can't wait until next year!

Apple Orchard: 2010 Edition


Untitled-21



Untitled-20



Henry clearly inherited his grouch face from somebody. ;)

Untitled-19



Untitled-1



An apple within his reach! Last year he stayed in the wagon, this year he helped daddy find lots of apples!

Untitled-3



Untitled-5



Untitled-4



Untitled-6



Untitled-7



IMG_6747



Untitled-8



It honestly can't get any cuter than this. 

IMG_6735


Oh wait, yes it can.

Untitled-10





Ignore the fact that my giant face takes up half of the frame. I'm trying to. 


Untitled-9



IMG_6678



IMG_6767


Love his apple eating faces.

IMG_6704






Untitled-12



Untitled-13



Untitled-14


This girl came up to him and said "What would you like to order?". Henry replied with this face. Better work on our play skills before preschool next year.

IMG_6824


Haha! It CAN get even CUTER!

Untitled-15



Untitled-16


He loved the giant pile of hay. And all the animals. The duck was his favorite. 

Untitled-17


Don't worry. Ryan was close. You just can't see him.

Untitled-18

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design