10 Years!

Monday, November 28, 2011
10 years ago, fresh off returning from our marching band trip to Disney World, I sat at the computer chatting away on the then popular "ICQ" instant messaging system. I was instant messaging with the boy I had just spent the entire trip with, including sharing the bus seat on the brutal 30 hour bus ride. I knew I liked him (a lot), and I knew he liked me. Rumors unfortunately spread a bit, as I may have specifically ended the relationship I was in previous to this one right before the start of the trip. Looking back 10 years, I couldn't be happier that I followed my heart and disregarded all other opinions. The contents of this video is proof to that. How did this boy ask me to be his? There are a two examples in the video, the first at the opening clip.

This may only be our "dating anniversary" (which we stopped officially celebrating after we got married). However, despite being married for slightly less than half that time, it's still a big deal to me. 10 years is a long time when you are only 26 years old. A quick calculation reveals that I have spent nearly 40% of my life with the man I am lucky enough to call my husband.

Looking back, I'm sure there were some that didn't take us seriously, but here we are, 10 years later, living an amazing life.

In 10 years we have lived apart for a year, acquired 4 college degrees between the two of us, traveled/vacationed, got married, built a house, started 2.5 careers and have brought 2 children into this world (and 2 dogs into our home). The past 10 years have been busy, and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years will bring.

The video is missing the first year, as everything was still on film back then and I don't have the time to find and scan those pictures. Someday maybe. Also, when rifling through all my folders it appears we barely took photos of anything other than my baby bump during the time I was pregnant with Henry, and the photos of us overall completely dwindled once we had kids.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Just make me cry !!

Tom said...

So beautiful and poignant - and the next decades will be great, too!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design