In our kitchen:: Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Pineapple and Guac

Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Hey! I'm actually delivering!

As promised, here's our/my first food post.

For the record, I wouldn't call us foodies quite yet. I wouldn't refer to myself as a master chef either. We like easy food, quick food, and good food. Though I definitely wouldn't consider myself a food snob either. So chances are, if you have impeccably high standards, you may not like all the stuff I share since we are generally pretty easy to please. We've just found yummy to us, healthy recipes on this ride and since I have enough people asking for links, I'll start posting them here!

Almost all of what I plan on posting will be reviews of tried and true recipes from skinnytaste.com

This one, is pretty much ours though, and it's so easy.

What you see pictured is just under 300 calories (294 to be exact) using 4 ounces of grilled chicken breast. Use more chicken if you are looking for more calories. We also used a 110 calorie hamburger bun (this is Mrs. Baird's brand. not sure my Minnesota friends have that or not).

Recipe::

1. Cut up fresh pineapple into desired slices. (We used one per sandwich.)

2. Prepare guacamole. This is what I'm now referring to as Ryan's famous guac. (This was enough for approximately 3 sandwiches)

Ingredients::
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1-2 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
1/3 cup cooked frozen corn
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple (can you can if in a hurry)
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. 
(can also add in 1 chopped roma tomato--we just didn't have one)

Directions:: Mash up avocado, then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Works best to prepare right before serving.

3. Season chicken to your liking before grilling. I'm not sure we added anything because of all the flavors in the guac and pineapple.

4. Grill chicken and pineapple. Pineapple only takes about 3-5 minutes each side, so you'll want to put your chicken on the grill first. We did not marinade our pineapple, but we have tried this recipe in the past as a side and it's fantastic too.

To keep it at right around 300 calories, make your sandwich using a 110 calorie bun, 4 ounces of chicken, 1 pineapple slice and 1/4 cup of the guacamole.

I'd LOVE to see if anyone actually makes this. I mean, it's pretty basic, but delicious.


And, if you run your mouse over the top of the picture, you can pin this guy right to pinterest, so go ahead and do that too!

  H95A6679

1 comment:

Colleen & Brian said...

Could you point me toward whatever research you did that led to adding a protein shake to your diet? I'm a big fan of Skinny Taste and MFP, but I didn't think protein powders or shakes were important for my weight loss. Thanks for sharing your story--I've already sent it on to two friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design