In Our Kitchen:: Skinnytaste's Slow Cooked Jerk Pork w/ Caribbean Salsa

Sunday, May 4, 2014
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one. This one made me completely fall in love with mangoes, avocados and pork. At least this kind of pork. There's a running joke that I actually hate pork and don't eat it. But actually, I just have an aversion to dried out pork chops (we won't name any certain cooks here, though!). I thoroughly enjoy most other types of pork (especially now that I know what real BBQ is here in TX), and this one is no exception.

Any recipe that utilizes the crockpot is a win in my book. I'm a happy mama if all I have to do is take 20 minutes to throw something together in the crockpot mid morning and then simply set the table during "mama witching hour", (if you don't know what this is, you likely don't have kids).

We will be making this one again and again. The only modifications I had to make were cooking it faster (about 5-6 hours instead of the 9) and not marinating overnight. Because, honestly, I can never remember that kind of stuff, or actually remember to even read ahead and know that I should be doing certain things. Oh, and I didn't use the seasoning she linked, but just the McCormick brand jerk seasoning I had on hand.

Either way, it's still a big win. Love it and it's easy and delicious. 265 calories pictured on the plate. Can serve over rice if you'd like for more calories.

See it here:: Skinnytaste's Slow Cooked Jerk Pork w/Caribbean Salsa


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design