She is two, she is two, she is two!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015
I've finally made my way back to Norah's birthday party! If I don't jump back and work on this stuff every once in a while, there's no telling how far behind I'll get this fall.

Well over a month ago, we threw that double birthday party weekend and wound up having Norah's party on her actual birthday, August 2nd.

It's a little surreal that she's already 2. I mean, it feels like CLAIRE was just 2. How is my littlest baby there already?! She's a walking, talking, smiley, sometimes sassy pants and we love her.

Since she was turning 2 on the 2nd, that's known (apparently only to us people who hail from the northern states) as a "golden birthday". Thus, I added quite a bit of gold to the mix. The other half of the theme came from her lovie, a random purple elephant gifted to her from "Grandma K". It's believed to be a Kohls Cares for Kids Horton, so that's why I threw in the Horton elements.

She is still talking about her "Ellie Party" and I just love how it all came together. People said I was crazy for doing two parties in one weekend (and I was), but with a little planning and sticking to the simpler things, we pulled it off pretty good, I think.

The Horton Elephant Cake was made by Tasty Cakes and it was AMAZING. The snicker doodle layer was declared as Ryan's favorite cake, EVER. So that's saying something. She made my half-ass sketch come to life perfectly and I loved it. For those who have been around a bit, you know that I once made all these cakes myself and you keep asking why I'm NOT making them anymore. Truth be told, I'm not all that excited about spending 6-8 hours on cakes anymore. At least not these more intricate ones. It's probably the number one reason why I was able to pull off these parties in the same weekend. I did make everything else (invites, banner, signs, tags, etc. etc. And a big thank you to Target for having the most perfectly timed Horton bags and goodies in their dollar spot section. That helped too :)

Anyway, our baby is two. She's a toddler. Of course she will always be the forever baby, but time doesn't seem to want to slow down. She gets mama all to herself for 3 days a week now while Claire goes to preschool. It's definitely weird having just one kid around for a few brief hours of the week, but I'm going to try and soak it all up as much as I can.

frisco_lifestyle_photographer_024
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_025
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_026
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_027
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_028
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_029
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_030
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_031
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_032
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_033
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_034
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_035
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_036
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_037
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_038
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_039
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_040
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_041
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_042
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_043
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_044
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_045
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_046
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_047
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_048
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_049
frisco_lifestyle_photographer_050

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design